If you need to shower or heavily wash your face make sure you do so before your appointment. 3. Skip the gym. Avoid that yoga class or long run for at least 24 hours.
What should you not do before an eyelash lift?
Preparing for your lash lift appointment
- Remove all eye makeup, contact lenses, and false eyelashes before your appointment.
- Avoid curling your natural lashes for at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Stop using waterproof mascara 48 hours before your procedure since it leaves behind unwanted residue.
How do I wash my face with lash lift?
You can wash your face as you usually do 48 hours after a lash lift treatment, once your lashes have hardened and settled, but don’t use oil-based products. Otherwise, you might ruin the chemical bonds that keep them curled. Use wet cotton pads and clean your face gently, avoiding the eye area, in the first 48 hours.
What should you do before and after an eyelash lift?
Prep & Aftercare
- Come to your appointment without any eye makeup. …
- Avoid using waterproof mascara 2-3 days prior as it can leave a residue that may prevent lashes from adhering properly.
- Avoid using sunscreens or moisturizers prior to your appointment.
- Don’t curl your lashes prior to your appointment.
Do and don’ts of lash lift?
Do’s and Don’ts of Lash Lift Aftercare
- Don’t rub or wet your lashes within 24 hours.
- Don’t apply any products such as makeup, face cream or any conditioning oils.
- Don’t use face steamer or sauna.
What happens if I get my lash lift wet before 24 hours?
What happens if my eyelashes get wet? Water or moisture should not come in with your lashes for at least 24 hours after a lash lift because water will alter the disulphide bonds in the hair’s cortex once they have set via chemical change.
Should I curl my lashes before a lash lift?
Any residue of makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions. DO NOT curl your lashes before your appointment.
Can you get a lash lift wet?
The answer to the question can you get your lashes wet after a lash lift is yes, but only after at least 24 hours, ideally 48. That means you can’t wash your face or shower as usual, and you need to avoid heat, sweating, and steam.
Can I wash my eyes after lash lift?
LASH LIFT AFTER CARE
No water, moisture, or mascara for 24 hrs after the procedure. You may wash your face and eyes 24 hours after your procedure, and makeup can be worn at this time also.
How do I prepare for a lash appointment?
preparing for your eyelash extension appointment: do’s and dont’s
- Shower prior to your appointment. …
- Wear comfortable clothing. …
- Remove your contacts. …
- Turn off your cellphone just prior to your appointment. …
- Wear makeup. …
- Apply face creams or sunblock to the eye area. …
- Wear mascara. …
- Wear large or dangly earrings.
Can I use oil cleanser with lash lift?
However, we recommend you avoid using any oil-based products for the entirety of your lash lift. While they won’t destroy the curvy look of the lashes but they will shorten its effects. Instead of your lashes lasting for 6 to 8 weeks, your lashes might survive only for 4 weeks.
Can I wear mascara before a lash lift?
It’s best to wait at least 24 hours before wearing any mascara or any eye makeup at all. Most mascara contains oil that can break down your lash lift. After that, you want to do your best to make the lift last as long as possible.
Can I brush my lashes after a lash lift?
Avoid rubbing your eyes. Do not get the lashes wet or use product on them for 24 hours after treatment. Remove eye makeup gently with non-oily remover. Gently brush your lashes daily with a lash brush.
Can you put Vaseline on your eyelashes after a lash lift?
Don’t get lash extensions immediately after a lash lift if the results aren’t desirable. Apply coconut oil or Vaseline on your lashes before going to sleep. Do use an eyelash conditioner, one that has peptides. It will not just hydrate your lashes but give them shine too.
Can I use an eyelash curler after a lash lift?
Always wait 24 hours to do this, straight after the procedure. Can I use an eyelash curler? No. There will be no need for an eyelash curler as this treatment gives a much better result than using a curler, But more importantly, using one may weaken and damage your lashes.